Friday, December 21, 2007

That's What Christmas is All About (Part 2)

Yesterday, we shared some comments from some of the students at Unity Christian School about what Christmas means. That post is below this one, and we encourage you to check that one out after you read this post. And, please click on the comment link on the bottom of the post and let us know what you feel Christmas is all about...or even how you feel about the students' thoughts. Here are a few more comments made by UCS students:

"Most people, when asked, would say that Christmas is about family gatherings, gift giving and fun. As a believer, though, I believe that Christmas is a time for remembering the gift given to mankind...the gift named Immanuel. December 25 is a time to celebrate the fact that God so loved the world, that He sent his only begotten son, so whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16). That is what Christmas is all about: remembering and celebrating."

"I think Christmas is about Jesus our Lord, who was born in a manger and died on the cross and rose again three days later!"

"Christmas is a holiday of joy. On Christmas, we celebrate Christ's birth."

"To me, Christmas means a time to celebrate Jesus' birth, because without Jesus, we wouldn't be going to heaven."

"Christmas means a time to celebrate Jesus' birth. It also means to spend time with your family and get them gifts from the heart...like a card or something they need."

"It means peace, love and good food. It also means Jesus was born."

"Christmas means to me getting to see both of my parents. It also means getting to celebrate God's birthday."

"Christmas means to me to remember to remember Christ."

"Christmas is all about Jesus! Christmas isn't just about presents, it's about the birth of our lord and savior Jesus Christ. You can't have Christmas without the "Christ"...or it would just be "mas!"

"Christmas means to me that I should stop worrying about presents and focus on Jesus' birth."

"I like Christmas first because I love Jesus and second because I like giving and getting presents."

"To me, Christmas means that this is the day Jesus was born, and it makes me sad that some people are taking Christ out of Christmas. It also means that all of our family gets together."

"Christmas is about getting closer to God; and about getting closer to New Year."

"The significance of Christmas is really simple, yet really complicated all at the same time. Christmas is about Jesus and how God sent Him down to earth for a very simple reason: to wash us clean of the hundreds of sins we commit each and every day. It was his crimson red blood that washed us off and picked us up after the horrid fall of mankind."

"What Christmas means to me: Jesus was born to die for everyones' sins. Christmas is wonderful because it is the time Jesus was born."

"Any time I hear Christmas I think of Jesus. I think of Jesus because that is His birthday and we should celebrate that."

"Christmas is one of the most important holidays known to man. It's not onle a time for family gatherings, but the time we celebrate our savior's birth. It is also a time to draw back from the stress of the world and focus on our families. It's when we celebrate God's gift to us by giving gifts to others. It is a time of joy."

"Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year. It is the day that Christ was born. It is the most important day of the year."

"Christmas means Jesus' birth and presents."

"I like Christmas because of the giving and presents, because it feels good to give. I like the weather and Christmas cards because it is a good feeling listening to Christmas-related songs while unwrapping presents. I like seeing family and having lunch, breakfast or dinner with them and visiting them. "X-mas" is bad because it takes Christ out of Christmas."

"Christmas is the best holiday. It is a day to worship God and be thankful for what He does. It is a time for presents to celebrate Jesus' time on earth. The whole family comes together. I love Christmas because of what Jesus did."

"Christmas isn't about giving and receiving material gifts but rather receiving a gift that only Christ can give - hope that we can and will receive salvation if only we choose to believe."



Merry Christmas everyone.

Mickey Seward
Associate Director of Development

No comments: