Friday, November 2, 2007

"Look What God Did at UCS Today!"

Welcome to Unity Christian School’s official blog. This blog is not meant to replace our official website, located at http://www.unitychristianschool.org/, but to enhance it and create another form of two-way communication between our administrators, teachers, students, parents and community members.

There is so much happening at Unity Christian School, and in this day and age, we wanted to use this forum to share those things that God is doing in the life of our school. We serve an awesome God, and He is doing so much in and through the people involved with UCS that we felt you needed to know how incredible He is.

So, what’s in store for the blog? Honestly, we don’t fully know. We have plans, that’s for sure. We envision several different administrators sharing stories of what is happening in their particular area of focus; teachers telling of incredible spiritual and academic growth of their students; students informing us how they are taking what they are learning at UCS and at church and in the home, the incredible gospel of Jesus Christ, beyond the walls of the school and their respective churches and into the community to minister to those in need of a message of hope; parents sharing examples of how they (to paraphrase Proverbs 22:6) are training up a child in the way he should go and watching as that child does not depart from that way. We’re pretty sure we could fill a blog for a long, long time with just that plan. Plans are good. But, as you can read in Jeremiah 29:11 God knows the plans he has for us, and I'll take His plan over mine any day of the week.

God’s plan. Wow. I’ve been working at Unity Christian School for just two short months, and I’m in awe of what I’ve seen here. I’ve been in a chapel and watched as several students asked Christ to be their savior and lord. In that same chapel, I saw a room full of people of all different walks of life rededicate their lives to Jesus Christ. I often walk past classrooms and overhear teachers telling students how a particular subject relates to God. I've watched high school students take on the responsibility of being a role model to younger students.

The day after Robert Rogers served as the keynote speaker at our benefit dinner, he spoke to our middle school and high school students. As Robert played the piano in worship, several students knelt at the altar, many weeping, and laid their burdens at the foot of the cross. Right there, with their friends watching, those students made a commitment to live a life of no regrets, a life where they will honor Jesus Christ no matter the circumstance.

I grinned as Mr. Davis, our upper campus principal, joined the students in the Boosterthon Fun Run and saw the smiles on his students’ faces because they love to be around such a positive person with so much energy. Not long ago, a student walked into Mr. Davis’ office and asked Mr. Davis and Mr. Getchell, UCS’ headmaster, to pray with her, because she knows they are men of God who are sincere in their faith.

People often ask me how I like my new job. Almost every time, I begin to laugh because I can’t help but to think of all the things I’ve watched God do. And almost every time I tell them that when I wake up in the morning, I can’t wait to get to work, because I can’t wait to see what God is going to do at UCS that day. And almost every night, I drive home from work and think, “Look what God did at UCS today!”

I read something interesting yesterday. Psalm 73:28 says, "But as for me, God's presence is my good. I have made the Lord God my refuge, so I can tell about all You do." (HCSB)

We can't wait to tell about all He does. This blog is just another way to do that.

It’s an honor to be a part of what God is doing at Unity Christian School.

I hope you enjoy the blog.

Mickey Seward,
Associate Director of Development

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, you guys really started blogging with a bang. This is some awesome stuff. Great job Mick. I knew you could handle it.